Wednesday 10 September 2008

On the way again

Weight has decided to drop again :-) Yay!

But in the hunt for health I'm back to running (well, puffing around the nearest local park for the moment but YKWIM rofl). And I'm looking for a new pair of trainers, as the old ones aren't really up to the job of keeping my feet happy and healthy.

And there in lies the issue. I don't wear leather. And I'd rather buy/wear non-sweatshop, non-child labour and as locally made as possible. In theory all these are possible as the company New Balance manufactures vegan footwear, and in the UK. ( see their 'site and wares at www.newbalance.co.uk ) Once you get around the issues of my foot size (a UK 4) you end up looking in the childrens section as they don't seem to make womens shoes below a size 5. And there in lies the rub. Can I find a local stockist of their shoes. Oh yes, no problem. In the vegan forms? Yep, tick there. In the childrens range (so as to have my size)? Um, no because apparently children only wear shoes made of leather, so there is no call for them.

Trying to ask NB themselves about this results in my computer falling over as the email form doesn't like by email programme (or possibly vice versa). And today the phone just rang and rang and rang and .etc....

Tomorrow is another day... but for now I'm in the existing pair of trainers. Well, not-consuming is nice and green anyway :-)

No comments: